Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Milestone - Fight Terror with Terror

So I haven't been posting, been working long hours and then my dad has fallen very ill. Spending time with him and my mom.

But today when my guy and I went to lunch before I returned to the hospital, we took the freeway for the first time. I did well and went just from one exit to another a few miles down, passing a big 18 wheeler and they always make me nervous. But I stayed focused, and did well. I figured as crazy as things are going now, why not. It was good for my ego to do it. Good to be focused on something else so intensely, even if only a few moments.

We have some good, distance rides planned for the future, I'm looking forward to them though my little Virago makes me feel very vulnerable when on the freeway. I'd like a bigger bike. At some point.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully an even better one. Things all aound seem to be improving. I hope and pray.

But I did something new today.

No comments: