Fantastic Riding Day!
* Woke up went to breakfast with my guy. Lovely blue skies perfect weather neither too hot or cold. Just right.
* Picked up awesome boots. Normally used for Equestrian riding, but perfect for motorcycling and very, very light, durable and ridiculously comfortable. Check out Ariat Boots
* Rode to one of the local cycle part places and bought on sale an awesome windscreen. Installed in their parking lot and instantly noticed when I started riding the difference in wind drag and in amount of dead bugs on me.
* Followed my guy and rode...the coolest road...I wish I had thought to pack a camera, beautiful scenery lush green, scents of earth and flowers. Passing by other motorists who all seemed to wave and be in the same happy spirits. We rode and it was so fun to make the curves, to be with my guy who darted ahead leaning into his curves and just enjoying the ride. We traversed until we made it to a very little Ione. A little biker friendly town (mostly) with at least three establishments that specifically cater to bikers as patrons. We stopped at Rides and Rods Cafe. Friendly down to earth people, timely service, clean establishment, fantastic food and great prices I highly, highly reccommend. (Wendy makes a GREAT salad!)
*Milestone number 1: rode on a two way highway home for quite a while and did ok, with speeding and merging. Though many, many bugs killed themselves in process. (which sucked not just for them but me...yech clean up)
* Milestone number 2: I drove at night first time doing any sort of night driving and it really is a different experience. I'm a bit more tense (maybe cause I'm new) I try to keep an eye on the road but of course you can only see so far. And yet...its so lovely at night too the sensations of the road and the path and riding. I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone but me. Still impressed myself for hitting another goal. And taking my time to be ready when I did it. Patting my own back alot but...hey I'm very quick to cut mysef too. I'm just going to focus on posting the good stuff here as much as possible :)
Wonderful day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment