Thursday, April 06, 2006

Winds of Change Are Blowing by....

Events are happening.

I'm becoming more proficient as a motorcyclist though heaven knows I still need A LOT of practice. Today a break in the rain. Rode to my mom's though she wasn't home. Then to the practice lot for a few minutes. Then to the MSF course where I learned to ride. That was wild. The box was still there....staring at me. Mocking me. Stupid box. I performed the exercise once successfully. It was my third attempt but hey I did it.

Merging in traffic still even though I look confident I'm not yet feeling as confident and acceleration is a challenge. My guy thinks trial by fire is best way to learn, for him it is but me...I need to take my time. I need a few trials these were good but he is on a Sport bike. He wants to go. I'm on a cruiser. I want to ride. We'll work it out.

I want to improve but can't do that without more practice, and at this point I figure if I buy a rain suit I can do it in the rain. The yearning to not lose what I've learned, to not have to spend an hour relearning what I achieved on my last ride...I'm whining and I hate to do that but I know, I'm impatient. I'm a kid with a new toy and I can see it...and I wanna play.

This is if nothing else a good lesson in patience. And reading books, educating myself more about motorcycles.

No comments: